Saturday 19 December 2009

Tangerine Jelly photos


Tangerines in the raw .....




..... and the finished product.


Tonight we finished off the last of Jamie's tangerine jelly. We love the intensely orangey, light and refreshing taste. It was delicious with a splodge of yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who's tried this recipe though as ours came out as a really soft set. Probably not a bad thing in itself as I enjoyed the slurpy aspect but I find myself glaring enviously at Heston's wildly boinging gelatin phallus. (In the culinary sense I mean, back off Freud)

2 comments:

  1. Great post and I will certainly be giving them a try. If you like jelly making there is a great passion fruit jelly in Nigella's book which she describes as 'thigh wobbling' I think it is in the Valentines section of Feast. Also somewhere I have a prosecco and forest fruits jelly where the bubbles are held in the setting process, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ 'thigh wobbling' think I'm doing a good job of that all by myself tbh! I'll definitely try more jelly recipes, is the prosecco one on your blog? I'll have a look.

    ReplyDelete